Being injured as the result of a car accident is something very common. Irrespective of this fact, some individuals still fail to realize that the roadways in their areas can be potentially dangerous. Besides terrific roadways, there are plenty of other factors that can result in auto accidents. Reckless and distracted driving are some of the leading causes of auto accidents. The injuries you bear due to a vehicle collision can be heavily substantial. In certain cases, the injuries may even limit the victim from working. One must retain an auto accident attorney Fairfax, VA if the individual is out of work and drowning in extravagant medical bills after a vehicle accident in Fairfax, VA that was not their fault. A legal representative upholds the accident victim’s bill of rights as follows:
- The victim deserves an aggressive representation from a well-versed, reliable lawyer to assist in various matters, including filing claims, negotiating settlements with insurance companies, and fighting for legal rights in court.
- The victim also requires potential support to protect his/her rights at each phase of the post-accident process that includes assistance with:
- seeking fair compensation for lost wages;
- acquiring reimbursement for his/her totaled or damaged vehicle;
- seeking reimbursement for his/her medical bills, including support with health coverage matters or aid for those individuals lacking any health insurance;
- obtaining a rental vehicle;
- seeking compensation for his/her emotional distress, pain and sufferings, as well as other damages to which he/she is entitled.
- An auto accident attorney Fairfax, Virginia often takes such cases on contingency basis. It implies that one does not bears lawyer’s charges out of personal pocket. In simpler words: no attorney’s costs when there is no recovery!
When involved in a car accident, one must take the following precautionary steps right away:
1. Notify the Police Authorities
A police report is a powerful document that can help you establish a claim for injury or property damages as well as prevent other parties responsible for the accident denying the act.
2. Take Notes
Make sure you take down names, phone numbers, and addresses of the other parties involved in and witnesses of the accident.
3. Avoid Communicating With Insurance Adjusters
If your insurance adjuster comes at the accident scene and attempts to get parties sign documents or elicit statements, then you should refuse to sign any documents and to offer any information, even when the adjuster advises cleverly.
4. Seek Medical Attention Immediately
Individuals involved in car accidents are usually unaware of an injury at the spot as it would be subtle or take some time to appear. Thus, an auto accident attorney Fairfax, VA recommends to get medical attention as early as you can and be sure to provide the medical professional a comprehensive account of accident occurrence as well as any symptoms and signs you could be experiencing.
5. Reach Out Your Insurance Provider
Some insurance providers require an immediate report of the accident; otherwise, the insurance company excuses to cover the accident as well as the injuries sustained.
6. Contact an Auto Accident Attorney Fairfax, VA or A Personal Injury Lawyer
Even when the idea of reaching out an attorney may be frightening, you must understand and safeguard your rights.
If you need the help of anauto accident lawyer in VA with this type of a case in Fairfax, City of Fairfax, Prince William (Manassas), Fauquier (Warrenton), Loudoun (Leesburg), Caroline, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Chesterfield, Henrico, Arlington, Richmond, Alexandria, Warren (Front Royal), Clarke, Shenandoah, King George, Charles City, Frederick, Fredericksburg, Gloucester, Hanover, Hopewell, James City, King & Queen, King William, New Kent, Newport News, Petersburg, Virginia Beach, Prince George, Rappahannock or York, call our law firm immediately for help and speak to a lawyer about your options. B