If you are going through a process of divorce in Virginia, you must understand that the separation attorney is very essential, who is dedicated to listening to your concerns and needs, who will be honest with you about the process of your case and who can work hard to help you achieving possible results in your favor
Be accessible: You will have direct access to the email and direct telephone number of your assigned attorney so that you can ask whenever necessary
Be aggressive: Your assigned attorney will work hard to protect your rights and ensure the best possible case outcome
Be sensitive: Family matters are not easy so the attorneys will do their best to simplify legal work.
VIRGINIA DIVORCE LAWYERS
The separation lawyers can help you with all your legal divorce needs, which include:
- Divorce in Virginia
- Divorce without opposition
- Child support
- the custody
- The adoptions
- The right of visit
- Name change
- Pre-matrimonial agreements
The divorce attorneys support people to get a divorce in Virginia.
What conditions must be met to file for a divorce in Virginia?
-To obtain a divorce in Virginia, your spouse or you must be a resident of Virginia for over six months ahead of filing a case of divorce in Virginia
-If he/she does not have children from their marriage, they need to be separated for a minimum of six months and must have property agreement in written form before they can file for divorce.
-If there are children from the marriage, then it takes almost one year before the case of divorce is being filed.
In Virginia’s court, a separation agreement is not being filed. The divorce lawyers of Virginia will guide you through all the necessary legal steps and make sure you are heard along with all your concerns that need to be addressed.
In all states, including Virginia, there is a list of legally valid reasons for divorce, recognized by law. Therefore, in the first place, you should determine one or more reasons justifying the divorce.
The lawyers will help married couples arrange the documents for divorce and consult on all the legal aspects of the family law: the division of property, the maintenance of children, the maintenance of the spouse, etc.
Grounds for divorce
- If the spouses lived separately from each other for a year continuously, at the same time, the divorce case can be sued by one of the parties.
- If the spouses agree to live separately, they do not have children, and they lived separately from each other, six months continuously. Such a short period of separation is recognized only by the divorce law of Virginia.
- If, during married life, one of the spouses committed disloyalty.
- If one of the spouses has been convicted of a criminal offense and has been imprisoned for more than one year, accordingly, has not lived in the family since the commencement of imprisonment.
- If one of the spouses was excessively cruel, and this has caused a reasonable fear for the other partner before the risk of possible bodily harm; or simply left (abandoned) his wife (s), a victim of this relationship can get a divorce automatically, in a year.
If you need the help of a divorce lawyer in VA with this type of a case in Fairfax, City of Fairfax, Prince William (Manassas), Fauquier (Warrenton), Loudoun (Leesburg), Caroline, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Chesterfield, Henrico, Arlington, Richmond, Alexandria, Warren (Front Royal), Clarke, Shenandoah, King George, Charles City, Frederick, Fredericksburg, Gloucester, Hanover, Hopewell, James City, King & Queen, King William, New Kent, Newport News, Petersburg, Prince George, Rappahannock or York, call our law firm immediately for help and speak to a lawyer about your options. B