Working towards a fair compensation
Catastrophic injury caused due to an accident can lead to life-changing consequences. In most cases, it can transform your life making you dependent on another person even for basic day-to-day activities. The law is favorable in Virginia to those victims who are affected due to the negligence of another person. A Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer aids in acquiring compensation for the damage sustained as a result of grievous accidents. The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. can be of great support in this context. They help the victims in fighting for the claim and provide confidence to lead a stress-free life.
Virginia catastrophic injury
Catastrophic accidents can bring severe consequences to the victims and their families. The wounded individuals are likely to incur permanent or temporary disability depending on the degree of the accident. A Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer decides on the potential claim value after analyzing the severity of the damages suffered by the victim. The following are some of the catastrophic damages:
- Amputation – An amputation is a state of disability that is induced as a result of the removal of one or more limbs.
- Traumatic brain damages – Upon experiencing severe blows, a human brain sustains damages that can lead to blood clots and hemorrhage in extreme cases.
- Burns – In several circumstances, a Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer is expected to seek compensation for an individual, who sustains burns as a result of involving in fire accidents.
- Coma – In extreme cases, a Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer is obligated to represent an individual, who is in a coma. Brutal accidents inflict serious brain damages that could lead to a state of prolonged unconsciousness and even brain death.
- Neurological complications – Some accidents can affect the nervous system of a person. This may lead to various neurological problems related to the heart and brain.
- Fractures – In several accidents, the victims incur one or more fractures as a result of being thrown a few meters away after severe collisions. Individuals, who fractured their legs, are physically incapable to attend court trials. A Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer renders requisite legal representation for the fractured person during these circumstances.
- Organ damages – On several occasions, the injured driver collides with a sharp object that leaves deep cuts and bruises on the victims. These cuts can also damage the internal organs of the affected person, who will thereby be expected to undergo surgeries.
- Blindness and loss of hearing – A Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer is also prone to meet up with clients, who lost vision or hearing capacities due to automobile collisions.
- Damages on the spinal cord – Some people suffer severe damage to their spinal cords. Spinal cord damage can lead to restricted voluntary movements and in extreme cases, the injured individuals can also be confined to bed for the rest of their lives. The company of a Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer is crucial and essential in these circumstances.
A Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer is aware of the factors that commonly induce physical damage. Some of the factors are listed herein:
- Defective vehicle equipment: A Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer handles claims for the victims who met with an accident while a driving defective vehicle. In these cases, the manufacturer of the malfunctioned vehicle equipment is brought under legal scrutiny.
- Medical misconduct: On several occasions, a person sustains impairment and undergoes pain and suffering as a result of the negligence of a doctor, who attended to the medical issues of the former. Similarly, damage can also be induced as a result of prescribing expired and low-quality medicines. In these circumstances, a Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer validates the misconduct of the at-fault medical officer by presenting all details regarding the treatments administered to the affected individual.
- Automobile collisions: Accidents can lead to the death of one or more individuals.
- Murders and assaults: People can be intentionally murdered or assaulted by their rivals. The attacked individuals or acquaintances of the dead victim are expected to file lawsuits against the perpetrators in these cases. A criminal case should be registered only under the assistance of a Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer.
The role of a Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer in the registration of personal injury claims
A Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer is accustomed to the procedures involved in the prosecution of varied kinds of lawsuits. A personal injury claim should be filed within 2 years from the date of the occurrence of the accident. The Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer instructs the victim to avoid unnecessary delays in the registration of a claim. If the accident involves fatalities, the relatives of the deceased person could file financial compensations within 2 years from the date of the reported death.
The Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer is familiar with the extensions applicable to the mandatory 2-year period when it comes to the consideration of the claim for victims, who suffered due to medical negligence. In these cases, the victims are expected to lodge lawsuits within 1 year from the date at which the performed medical malpractice was identified. An experienced Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer can aid in the timely registration of all accident or negligence claims.
The benefits of hiring a Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer
- Not all victims find it affordable to pay for the treatment of the condition caused due to the negligence of a third person. In these circumstances, a Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer lawfully fights for the at-fault offender to provide financial coverage to meet the medical expenses incurred by the victim.
- A Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer pays heed to the queries and claims of the victim and acts accordingly. Unhindered attention and proactive legal assistance are the two most important benefits acquired by hiring a Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer.
- Lawsuits bring in various physical, emotional, and financial challenges for the plaintiffs and defendants. Therefore, a Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer provides effective support to improve the emotional stability of the affected person.
- Several accidents or medical negligence lawsuits are resolved by conducting trials. A trial can be effectively handled only under the guidance of a Virginia catastrophic injury lawyer.
Talk to the attorney at the Law Offices in SRIS, P.C. to cover your financial obligations through a rightful claim.